Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pete Blackwell To Join The Self-Employed

We recently posted on Peter Blackwell's immanent departure from the helm of AA Tourism.

Sadly, we are about to lose a trusted advocate for the the tourism industry that has walked-the-talk for the past 7-years. 

Pete's passion is addictive and he will be missed - you kinda feel sorry for the yet unnamed person that will be taking over his position;-)

It's fitting that we leave you with Pete's final words of farewell, lifted from today's AA Tourism Newsletter:
"The greatest part of my job has always been the relationships I have formed with our customers. I have always been filled with admiration knowing that while I have the security of a job, most of you own your own business. You have your own capital on the line, you know the value of good customer service, of improving your product and you understand how scary it is to look down the barrel of a changing market.

You’ve driven me to consider my own career, and after seven years at the helm of
AA Tourism, I am leaving for different pastures. I‘m jumping the fence and embarking on a career of self-employment – I’m moving into the retail game. 


It has been a fun seven years. I believe passionately in the importance of the domestic tourism market and I am sad that, as I leave, there is still scant regard paid to it. I truly believe that we must inspire people to travel, not just transact, and I am proud that over these past years the AA has invested in 101 Must-Do’s for Kiwis and that our guides now include large amounts of destination content.

I finish up in late September, but I want to express my thanks to you. Thank you for letting me be part of your world, your businesses and your communities. We work in a great sector with good people and an amazing product. Thanks for all you have done for me and my best wishes for the future."

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!