Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Motel Service In A Dressing Gown

Ele Ludemann that writes the popular Homepaddock Blog finds herself in a situation that is more common than you may think. What we like about this story is the appreciation she gave a helpful motelier that was awoken from his late-night slumber:

"The name of the motel is...

When we fly out of Christchurch early or in late we usually stay in the city to avoid the long drive in the middle of the night.

My flight Townsville to last Thursday took off at 6am which meant checking in by 4.30 but because of the earthquake I only went as far as Ashburton the night before.

The return flight was scheduled to land at 11.50pm on Sunday but I waited to see how much shaking was going on before booking a room. By Saturday I decided it was safe enough, booked a motel through Wotif then phoned to find out how I  got in after-hours.

I hadn’t printed the booking form but knew the road the motel was in and thought I remembered the name."

However, when I got to the door I couldn’t find a key where I was told it would be.
I rang the bell, a man answered, I explained my predicament and he came to the door in his dressing gown. He checked the bookings and my name wasn’t among them.

Oh dear, right road wrong motel.

I went back yesterday morning with some chocolates and an apology.

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!