Thursday, March 18, 2010

Motel Room Sharing

I heard a story the other day about a sales rep that drove late into a provincial NZ town after a long day, only to discover that every motel room was taken.

Desperate to find a bed, he pulled into a dimly illuminated motel on the edge of town.

"You've got to have a room somewhere." he pleaded to the motel manager, "Or just a bed. . . I don't really care where. I’m completely exhausted.”

"Well, I do have a double room with one occupant," admitted the manager, "and I’m sure he would be glad to split the cost. But to tell you the truth, he snores so loudly that people in adjoining rooms have complained all week. I'm not sure it'd be worth it to you."

"No problem," the tired sales rep assured him. "I'll take it."

The next morning the sales rep arrived at the motel reception to check-out, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

The motel manager asked him how he survived.

"Never better." the sales rep said.

The manager was impressed.

"No problem with the other guy snoring, then?"

"Nope. I shut him up in no time."

"How'd you manage that?"

"He was already in bed, snoring away. when I came in the room," the sales rep said. "So, I went over, gave him a kiss on the cheek, said, 'Good night, beautiful,' and he sat up all night watching me."

Click the "Get Widget" link below to place this widget on your website or blog!